Inspiration...

A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a spark that creates extraordinary results...

Author unknown...

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Nature, The Perfect Colour Palette.

A client recently said to me "I wish I had your ability to choose colour with such ease. How do you do that?" My answer? "Practice, experience, and what feels right. Tried & tested combinations, instinct, & above all else, nature. Nature gives us the best direction & inspiration.

When I was on holidays recently, I enjoyed the most spectacular beach views ...sapphire blue sky, crystal blue water, children playing on the sand, yachts gliding over the coral below. I felt so at peace yet so inspired by the beauty of it all.The smell of the bay was subtle but enough to define where I was...white sails, cream sand, blue skies, aquamarine beyond...the idyllic palette for coastal living in harmony with nature. As I savoured these images, my thoughts drifted to how I will decorate my own beach house one day...

As I sat on the shoreline, with the water lapping over my feet, my focus momentarily returned to an article in the magazine I had with me, featuring a Sydney seaside makeover..Dulux "Antique White" walls, plantation shutters, sisal flooring, white chairs, linen sofas, white bedrooms, white kitchen, with strokes of french navy through sapphire in the artwork scattered throughout ...a perfect space of harmony & balance. Easy really, with the inspiration from the view beyond...

No comments:

Post a Comment