Inspiration...

A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a spark that creates extraordinary results...

Author unknown...

Friday, January 16, 2009

Queenstown Haven at Eichardt's.


I can't tell you how absolutely divine my New Zealand holiday was, so I'll share a couple of photos with you! New Zealand should be very proud of itself. It has a great appreciation for its culture & landscape, & has a great ability to blend the two together in interior design & architecture. My visit was in late May, & it showed off it's Winter beauty in spectacular fashion. I spent many hours enjoying coffee & wine with wonderful friends at Eichardt's Hotel, situated on the Queenstown Bay of Lake Wakitipu watching both yachts & ducks glide along it's surface, with the beautiful snow capped mountains in the background. As I watched the activities beyond, I enjoyed the divine interior settings of the cafe, by an open fire, chatting to locals & staff about my immediate love for the South Island. The interior design of this boutique hotel is the work of one of their very well recognised interior designers, Virginia Fisher. After spending 10 days her signature look was evident in the application of beautiful natural wool upholstered furniture, rich coloured walls & floors in charcoals & chocolates, & a wonderful ability to combine textures & finishes of the country's natural materials with the furniture, fittings & fabrics used in the magnificient hotel suites. Noting my obvious passion for their surroundings with my animated conversation about the interior fitout, I was immediately offered a guided tour! I mean, I could hardly say no... :-)! After half an hour, with snippet views of the Lake beyond, my next holiday was already booked!

No comments:

Post a Comment