Inspiration...

A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a spark that creates extraordinary results...

Author unknown...

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Unwrapped, Uncovered...








If you're like me, & simply love design & decorating magazines, unless you indulge yourself the time to really enjoy them, you eventually realise that the gorgeous cover on the 'latest issue' is in fact about 4 issues ago, & apart from briefly being captivated by the visual delights, that you are barely familiar with its contents! So recently I began to progressively work through each & every issue.
Across three different titles, I realised that I was being repeatedly captured by the work of UK Artist & Textile Designer, Carolyn Quartermaine. It is some time since I incorporated her beautiful fabrics into a client project, but I have since been absorbed learning of her work, current & forthcoming, on her website, as well as praising & loving one of my favourite titles,"Carolyn Quartermaine UNWRAPPED". Her fabrics are stunning & showcase such beauty in their myriad of artistic applications, that their application works effortlessly regardless of whether you apply them to a contemporary or period interior. Her palette incorporates her passion & sensitivities for whatever captivates & inspirates her, which she then applies through print, paint, texture, gilding & collage, into magnificient, unique interior stories, whether be it on canvas, fabric, furniture or walls. Her art evokes a sense of emotion, serenity, sophistication, magic, & every piece is a unique story of design & beauty...
"You have to be totally immersed in your own world, making it stronger and stronger. You can't dilute that world, or you lose its spirit and it becomes untrue..."
Carolyn Quartermaine

2 comments:

  1. I checked her web and I love her new fresh collection and script collection.....it makes make want to upholster two chairs I have in the living room....if only the economy would allow me to do it soon enough..ohh well a goal to have!!!
    Thanks Claire....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sasha,

    I know, isn't her work just divine?? Nevermind, don't worry, 'believe in the magic of your dreams" (Adele Basheer)...I just love that quote, and keep in with me everyday regardless of what I want to achieve. Yes, the world economy is uncertain, but wonderful opportunities exist everyday, we just have to see them...:-) You need to put a photo of your favourite fabrics on your visual/inspiration board...just keep focusing on what you want...:-)

    ReplyDelete