The tragedy of the Victorian Bushfires is incomprehensible. The pain & sadness we feel for the lives of loved ones lost, the loss of property, homes, everything that identifies who we are, gone, families, friends, neighbours, communities...we can't help but feel overwhelming helplessness for what has happened, and how the lives of thousands of people have been devastated...In the face of such shocking tradegy, within 48 hours, Australians have again show the most incredible sense of strength & courage of the human spirit, in so many amazing ways to give comfort, food, supplies, clothing, shelter, counselling, care & compassion.
How blessed we are & thank God for what we have, not what we haven't...
- Secure online donations can be made to the Red Cross - http://www.redcross.org.au/ or phone 1800 811 700
- At any of the major banks
- To register your interest in volunteering, please contact: 1300 363566
- The Salvation Army Appeal for Families: http://www.salvationarmy.org.au/
- The CFA: http://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/
A smile, small gesture of help, patience for others, kindness in the simplest of ways...we all need to give a little extra nurturing right now, to those around us, in our communities & networks, to keep the wheels of our daily lives going, for our loved ones, our children, our strength of spirit for ourselves & for others...