Inspiration...

A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a spark that creates extraordinary results...

Author unknown...

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Winter is here

For me, this image captures what we love the first day of Winter to be...sunshine, crisp, breathtaking & invigorating...

Open fires, snowflakes, frost, fog, gumboots, coats, scarves, blankets, throws, quilts, layers,wool, angora, cashmere, scarves, candles, hurricane lanterns, eating in, hot chocolate, red wine, picnics, hot toast, brisk walks along the beach, brisk walks through leaves in the park.

I love Winter, I love the colour in the trees, seeing frost upon the grass, sitting around an open fire, spending time at home reorganise space, cooking, having family and friends gather inside when it's cold out...

Red, rust, ochre, berry, chocolate, moccha, cinammon, olive, fig, sage...the colours of winter...

What does Winter mean for you?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of winter, but I do like hot chocolate, open fires, casseroles with dumplings and sticky date pudding. Thanks for reminding me of the good things.

    ReplyDelete