Inspiration...

A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a spark that creates extraordinary results...

Author unknown...

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Welcome to the New Year...












Happy New Year everyone! I hope that 2010 is beginning brilliantly for you all, with much happiness, success, great healthy and prosperity on the horizon for the year ahead!

Where last year went I don't know, but I'm rather delighted that the new year has begun, as I've been partial to even numbers far moreso than odd!
Well, with a new year comes new beginnings, and so I felt it appropriate to create a fresh look...yesterday my sister and I drove down to Linton's Garden and Home at Mt Eliza, insearch of garden inspiration. I love the peninsula, and the weather was perfect to enjoy the drive around the coast. As always, I love to see what is new with building, renovation and architectural projects. We stopped to look at a property we have been familiar with for many years as it is now on the market, and although it would be wonderful to see it renovated and retained as a family home, it is such a big property that it is likely to be sold for redevelopment.
The street is full of renovation and redevelopment, how much can change in just a few years. It was lovely to see a neighbouring property with a very tasteful and timeless makeover, the facade & architectural bones nurtured and retained, framing a stunning renovation of the home and garden landscape. The colour scheme & window treatments both my favourite, the classic pantone grey highlighted by the clotted cream woodwork and trims, carried through to the cream plantation shutters. So inspired do I continue to be when I see this combination, I simply had to adopt it for Haven Home for 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment