Inspiration...

A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a spark that creates extraordinary results...

Author unknown...

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Enjoy Your Weekend :-)











Hello on a perfect summer's day :-) As I sit here, the blue sky & sunshine welcomes me, as I listen to the calm pace of a long weekend...How quickly the last weekend has arrived before the busy pace of the new school year begins. Baskets, beach
towels & sandals on the verandah will soon be replaced with school bags & shoes...it's rather nice not having school homework & books on the kitchen table for a few weeks isn't it, but instead enjoying the space where more than one morning coffee & leisurely breakfasts have been indulged without morning routine. Soon they will be replaced with books & school notices for the noteboards & fridge. The kitchen however is the hub of the home, & central to our daily activities. Regardless of when, you can always enjoy fresh flowers, the smell of coffee, freshly squeezed juices, the delight of many & varied summer fruits & the beauty of their colours as they sit on display before they are savoured or put into lunch bags. My retriever sleeps peacefully at the front door, enjoying the passing view & breezes, & my coffee (another) awaits with the morning papers to be enjoyed in sunshine, amid the tranquility of my garden.

What is an ideal Sunday morning(when my son's sporting commitments are on holidays too!)? The list is simple:


  • Market Basket (I love these, a must for every woman, I bought mine from Durance in Armadale, & I always have it on hand, for flowers, market produce, the beach, BBQs, weekend school sport duty
  • Plush velour beach towel (Country Road's are a favourite)
  • Sunglasses and Hat (Rose Street Trading Company in Armadale have divine ones, but not many left..!)
  • Water
  • Fruit
  • Interiors magazines (today I'm reading Country Style, Home Beautiful & Cote Paris, all very inspiring for summer decorating)
  • Slides, best when on the beach when in search of shells
I hope you are having a divine weekend, relaxing, perhaps in your own space, at home, in the garden, or by the water, in the country, preparing for a picnic, at brunch, with family, with friends. Soon we will head off to the beach for a walk along the shore, & hopefully find some seashells to add to my collection, that will one day sit in my study, at my coastal haven. Hmmm, coffee awaits...:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment